Addressing Occupied Properties: Respectful, Compassionate, Efficient
Occupied properties are a unique challenge, requiring a careful balance between our client's desires and the respect and care necessary to attend to the concerns of the present occupants. We begin by making sure we comply with all PTFA Guidelines throughout the relocation process. while showing compassion to the occupants and providing them with assistance in locating a new home.
- We request the occupants voluntarily vacate the property, then offer relocation assistance.
- We work directly with our clients to offer relocation assistance to occupants, per their client's wishes. Our client's client determines the base starting amount, based on its investor guidelines.
- We provide the current occupants assistance in locating a property to move to.
- On the date of the vacancy, we will inspect the property condition and coordinate lock changes.
We release the relocation assistance payment to the vacating occupant upon the following conditions:
- Property is in ;broom-swept condition.
- All personal items removed inside and out from the previous occupants.
- This includes sheds, garages, and any vehicles unless another arrangement has been made by our client.
When addressing occupied properties, we understand not all occupants agree to voluntarily vacate. In such cases, we:
- Assist our client and their attorney to remain in compliance with the requirements listed within the PTFA.
- Await direction from our client and inspect the property on a weekly basis until vacant.
- NextHome Metro Real Estate Services coordinates the vendors needed for the lockout based on local law officials' orders.
We physically attend the lock-out and coordinate with the eviction attorney, local authorities, and contractor to ensure the property is properly secured.
During the Redemption period, we inspect the property on a weekly basis until vacant. These considerations include re-keying a backdoor, winterizing costs, initiating lawn care or snow removal, as necessary. Through our transaction management system, we have thorough task lists set up for every step of this process with deadlines, reminders, and more which are automated to trigger at each completed step.
- Nate Lein
- Letty Meyer
- Brandon Kinney
- Katherine Klein
- Rachel Christensen
- Abbe & Chase Siwula
- Kristen Anttila
- Lillias Reed
- Brenna Wohlrabe
- Elizabeth Leatherwood